The Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine
|MS-Access 2010 for VB 2010|
InvalidOperationException was unhandled
" The Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine" ?
This error message means that the machine [Computer, Laptop] that you are trying to run your application on, doesn't have MS-Access 2007 installed, or not installed properly. Some developers just pack their applications and send it to the client :
- relying on - that the client have MS-Office 2007/2010 installed already and won't never crash or updated to 2010,
- or they just did not include the proper component along with their package,
- or even worse they may not know what exactly should they do to make it work on the client's machine.
╚╣ To get this error message to go away, you need to include this file in your package :
Some think that Office 2007 should be installed on a client's machine in order for the application to run clean or properly with any bugs, No, you can include this tool for both [Win32 and Win64] and don't count the client to have Office installed or not.
Get the file from here [AccessDatabaseEngine] for both Win64bit and Win32bit, available in all languages supported by Microsoft. Here are some information about downloading and installing the tool :
When you first click on Download on the Download page, you will see :
Choose the download you want
The download should start for selected file ...
The 2007 Microsoft Office system Primary Interop Assemblies (PIA) redistributable is a Microsoft Windows Installer package that contains the Primary Interop Assemblies for 2007 Microsoft Office system products.
You could see a reference to Office 2010, don't panic, this is the same, it's the same tool that supports also Office 2010. If your application relies on MS-Access 2010 Database and you got the same meaningful Error message then the same cause needs to be fixed by including this very same file into your package without relying on the client's machine to have MS-Office 2010 or MS-Access 2010 installed on it.
Thank you for downloading
Source for Installation instruction (Microsoft)
♥ Here are some online Visual Basic lessons and courses :
- Visual Basic .Net snippets collection
- Visual Basic .Net - How to check for the internet connection
- Visual Basic .Net - POP3 and Receiving E-mails
- Visual Basic .Net - Generate Random Combinations
- Visual Basic .Net - Play sounds on Button Click or Mouse Hover
- Visual Basic .Net - Progressbar control
- Visual Basic .Net Solution - The application failed to initialize
- Visual Basic .Net - Working with Database full example
- Visual Basic .Net - There is already an open DataReader associated
- Visual Basic .Net - SyBase Advantage Database [Add, Edit, Search, Delete and DataGridView]
- Visual Basic .Net - Math Functions
- Visual Basic .Net - Communicating with clients [Requirements Docs, Use-Case]
- Visual Basic .Net - SAP Crystal Reports Download and Installation guide